KNOW THE BRIDGE CLEARANCE
Many boaters in the City of Marco Island have to pass under one, two, or even three bridges before they enter the waters of Marco River or the Gulf of Mexico. Vertical and horizontal bridge clearance is critical information for these boaters.
The City of Marco Island is providing approximate vertical and horizontal clearance at Mean High Water (MHW) for all fourteen (14) bridges in the city.
Safe Boating is Your Responsibility
Safe Boating Courses are offered locally by:
.. U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary (239) 394-5911
.. U.S. Power Squadron (239) 393-0150
Please contact either of these agencies for course schedules. Increasing your boating safety knowledge will increase your boating confidence and enjoyment of the Marco Island waters.
Marco Island Fishing
There are many Artificial Reefs offshore the Marco Island area. The following locations are easily found using a Global Positioning System (GPS):
Marco 2-Mile Reef 25 55.39’ N 81 45.77’ W
Marco 5-Mile Reef 25 52.71’ N 81 48.12’ S
Marco 9-Mile Reef 25 52.85’ N 81 54.14’ W
Isaac Walton League Reef 25 54.44’ N 81 45.30’ W
Gordon Pass 5-Mile Reef 26 04.89’ N 81 53.12’ W
Basic WATERWAYS Regulations:
1. Idle Speed / No Wake in all waterway canals, bays, and within 500 feet of a seawall. *Idle Speed / No Wake is defined as the minimum speed required to maintain steerage.
2. Idle Speed / No Wake within 500 feet of all Marco Island beaches. Any boating activity in beach areas should be kept to boating directly to and from the beach and well away from any swimmers.
3. United States Coast Guard “rules of the road” apply to all navigational channels. Marco Island channels are marked with the standard RED markers (triangular) and GREEN markers (square) using the conventional “red-rightreturning” system.
4. Operation of a boat while intoxicated is prohibited.
5. All boats must conform to United States Coast Guard Regulations.
6. All boats must be properly registered and documented.
7. Mooring to or damaging any navigational marker is prohibited.
8. Anchoring or any other activity that interferes with navigation in channels is prohibited.
9. Discharge of untreated sewage is prohibited in Florida waters.
Bridge Clearance Survey Report*
Tide Station 872 4991: Big Marco River
Highest Observed Water Level: + 2.60 feet
Mean High Water: + 1.68 feet
Mean Low Water: - 0.45 feet
*This data is supplied for informational purposes only. The City of Marco Island is not responsible for the accuracy of horizontal and vertical clearance.
Don't Hesitate to contact us
Marco Scola 239-293-0970
Hans Haedelt 239-207-1163
Give us a chance and we will show you the difference